Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yummy!

Yesterday I made this yummy coconut lime banana bread. It is sooo good. If you like banana bread this is a great little twist on it. The lime sauce you put on top is the best thing ever and I think I could put it on just about anything!
Recently Abe and I started ordering produce from a group called Bountiful Baskets. Our baby sitter Emily told us about it. It is a co-op that you order produce from every other week. They try and get things from local growers and for a big basket of half veggies and fruit it's only $15 bucks. In our first order we got bananas and limes so I was in search of something to make with them and when I saw this recipe on Our Best Bites I new I had to try it. If you want the recipe check it out on there blog, you can get to it from the link on my sidebar, they have such great cooking ideas.



I hope everyone had a great mothers day. We spent it with family. First we had Brunch with Abes family at Marie Calendars. It was super tasty and you could get any kind of pie you wanted as much as you wanted! It was a great way to sample all the different pies without having to get the whole thing or feel bad about not eating it all after you paid for it. I ate way way to much. Afterwards Abe went Golfing with his family while I went and visited with my side. I also went to my Grandma and Grandpa Holt's. It was great to see my grandma she has been ill lately so I was happy to see her doing better although she still is not 100%. Also a bunch of extended family that I don't see as often.
 
I had a great Mothers Day with all my family and so many great women!


Here are some pictures of Zander at Marie Calenders with his first balloon

No comments:

Post a Comment