Thursday, June 17, 2010

Trifle

Abe brought home some sponge cake last week and since then I have been wanting to make trifle. If you are not familiar with trifle it is so yummy and easy to make. You can also make so many different variations to fit whatever you like. I did not have a trifle dish which I think adds so much to this desert. Luckily I found one at Walmart for only $7 bucks!
It is a great fruity dessert! In mine I layered it first with fresh cut strawberries and then added a danish desert glaze over it. Next I added my sponge cake. I just cut it up to fit the bowel. You can dice it and soak it in something yummy as well. Then I layered some banana pudding, bananas and then some custard. I then repeated the whole process again! On top I added a bunch of whipped cream just before serving. This was a big hit at Sunday dinner at Abes parents house everyone loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment