Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Decor and Treats


This Easter I made my own fudge
I remember when I was little and would wake up Easter morning and have my very own fudge egg with my name written on it. I loved it and it would make me feel so special. 
So I decided to try and make my own fudge eggs. I had never made fudge before and was happy with how well it turned out.
I really wanted to make an egg shaped fudge so I saw those trays you put deviled eggs in and thought they would make a great mold.



Just remember to spray the pan. I did on the pink tray but forgot on the blue. I got them out but it wsa not easy were the pink ones just fell right out. I also decided to put some coconut on the bottom but it didn't stick very well. Next time I will have to press it into the fudge more.
To finish them off I melted some white chocolate in a zip lock bag in the microwave, colored it yellow, sniped the corner and drizzled it over the top.




For my Easter decor I took some branches and glued some tissue paper on it and made them look like blossoms. Then I got these glittered eggs at the dollar store. The jar I got from the DI and I LOVE it!
I also grew some wheat grass in jars. I loved how they looked but with out any drainage they started to smell a little sour after a while




Don't you just love Zanders yellow Easter bunny basket I think it's so cute!
Last year Zan got some large plastic Easter eggs from his Grandma and Grandpa Fitch which were blue. I wanted to do something with them and add it to my decor so I got a dictomary from the DI and mode poged it onto the eggs. I had never mode podged before and was happy with how easy it was. I just had to make sure the pieces were small enough on the top and bottom to smooth out over the curves. As I was cutting the paper I saw this elephant and loved it so I went through and found all diffrent kinds of animals.
On the smaller egg I cut out letters for Zanders name and then put a little dog and monkey on it as well. Zanders favorite animal right now is a dog and his nick name around the house is little monkey.

2 comments:

  1. Love all of it!! So adorable! I'm so glad you posted the link to your blog! I've tried clicking on your profile when you comment on mine but it never links to your blog. I have a lot of catching up to do now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute decorations! We always had an egg tree like that growing up

    ReplyDelete