Monday, February 8, 2010

Cookies & Frosting

This last weekend Abe and I made sugar cookies. Well as my family would say we home baked the cookies. They were the refrigerator Pillsbury sugar cookies and I was quite disappointed in them. They were very greasy and did not hold their shape when you bake them so they spread all over the pan, but Abe made his butter cream frosting which was so yummy! We played with different flavors we had in the house and made the traditional vanilla and colored it pink for valentines, then we made some kiwi and root beer frostings. The root beer was my favorite it tasted just like a root beer float and was super delicious. So needless to say we did not really eat our cookies but we had a lot of fun eating the frosting.

3 comments:

  1. Rootbeer flavored frosting! How in the world did you make that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some rootbeer extract left over from Halloween when we made homemade rootbeet. It serously was fabulous! I think it would be even better on top of cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed you made your own frosting! I always use the one from the can/tub ;) I actually made sugar cookies this weekend too- I used rainbow frosting and they were delicious! I think your kiwi frosting sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete